Saturday, June 19, 2010

Alien in the neighborhood?

Screaming screechy howls outside.

Amplified by echo.

4:00 am.

Unnerving to say the least.

That's what my husband and I woke up to one morning last week.

The only way I can describe it is to say it sounded like a goose was screaming.

As we tried to identify what we were hearing and wondered if our three cats were okay, I saw two shadowy images cross my neighbors lawn.  We went outside to investigate but found nothing.  Knowing we've had foxes in the area, I went to Google and almost instantly found the answer.

It was a red fox in distress.

All three of our cats turned up by morning, all of them fine, so I'm not sure if I saw two foxes, a fox pursuing a cat, or a cat pursuing a fox, but there was definitely a fox in distress out there.

Here's what it sounded like:

No comments:

Post a Comment